Thursday, August 7, 2014

Trees, trees and more trees

The trees are so beautiful here in the summer.    This one is near R&C's house - one of the most beautiful on the islands, in my opinion.    Some are huge and loaded with flowers.
 Mack and I spotted this palm the other day when we were walking.  We called it a Pencil Palm.  I doubt if it is any bigger than 8 inches around and stands way about this 2 story apartment building.   

This is definitely the weirdest tree - will have to do some research to figure out the name of it.  I think the orange blooms are strange.
Now this one is rather strange too.....have no idea what it is called either but it is very full of lush green growth.    

Sounds like Iselle and Julio will be visiting this weekend starting on Friday morning on Oahu.   There's a lot of hype!!!    People are buying bottles of water, Spam and Ramen noodles.   Hmmm   

No comments:

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...