Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Blue Willow

We were able to go to the place we planned to go last weekend when the van wouldn't start. It is a rather unusual place with a large outside covered porch. We did not sit there, but it would have been fun. The food was very good, but who could eat that huge piece of bread with quiche? Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the crust. They need to take lessons from Adelyne. Otherwise, Mom enjoyed her spinach crepe and we had a good time. Stopped in at Copenhagen Furniture Store and took a walk around after brunch. The shipment will arrive after I return to GF.
I have enjoyed seeing this plant growing all over Tucson. I have never been here in August so had no idea something could grow so well. It is huge - now I mean at least 30 feet high and about as wide. This one was taken at Corey and Moryama's house. He told me they trimmed it to the ground last year and it has grown this big in one season.

No comments:

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...