Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby! It's cold

This morning we woke up to 24 degrees below zero.....now we're not talking about windchill here - I won't even go there!!! Believe me, it is miserable. But, to make matters worse, Marilyn called Mom Marquardt in Tucson and the first thing she told her was it was cold and it probabaly would even get to 65 degrees today. THEN, Carrie called to say they were cold, they had to put a sweatshirt on. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I told my mom I didn't even want to discuss it. She laughed.

You figure out which picture matches the temperatures mentioned above.

Tomorrow is the last day of January. Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure glad we live we Iowa - it was much warmer here!!! You can have Nort Dakota! J & N

Jaci said...

yikes! I don't miss that!

It has been cooler here too...45 or so 30 something at the coolest. Hang in there your only a couple of months away from the 30's and 40's...I shouldn't tease...:-)

Anonymous said...

At least you can run from the car to the store or to the church - and you've no dog to walk. Morning temps were in the teens and even this afternoon in the 20's, the winds sure did seem to sting parts of the face that weren't covered.
I like Carrie's expression of their becoming 'weather wimps'. Don't think I'd mind that at all - but strangely enough, I'd miss getting warm after being so cold.

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...