Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Special Days

We had 3 very special days with Carrie.   Rob had a few days between flights and stayed with the kids while Carrie flew to Arizona.    We had the most wonderful time taking her to places we enjoy going, spending as much time outside as possible and eating at some fun restaurants. 
The first time I came to the desert when my Mom was here in the 80's I wasn't so sure I liked it, but after the 2nd visit I fell in love with the cactus and warm sunshine.   They say there are over 300 days of sunshine in Arizona and that feels so good in the winter months.
We went to the Desert Botanical Garden the second day Carrie was here.   We had never been there and couldn't believe how much time we spent walking through all the loops and checking out so many different desert plants.   The blooms hadn't started yet but it will be very pretty this spring because of decent rainfall.    Vic is checking out the very large organ pipe cactus.


Vic has enjoyed the time he has spent with his high school best friend, David Finger.   They were roommates at Iowa State and David was in our wedding.   After we left Iowa we didn't have much contact with him until our Steamboat Rock High School Reunion.   He settled in the Tempe, AZ where he was a mechanical engineer for a large corporation.    He met Nancy after he moved to Arizona and they now live in Gilbert so we have seen them several times this winter.    Nancy is a really neat gal that I have enjoyed getting to know better.

No comments:

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...