Sunday, August 27, 2017

Farmer's Market and some work.

I love Farmer's Markets - especially in August when there are so many choices.   I have to be careful not to buy too much (we are still eating what I bought last week).   The man I bought these Heirloom tomatoes from told me he had 1300 tomato plants (not all Heirlooms) and had a tomato still on the vine that was as big as the cantaloupe.    I am hoping to see that tomato in the next couple weeks.  
Some of the branches on this tree were dead so Vic could cut them off.  The DNR is very watchful on any trees that might come down just because the view isn't good enough.     
One job that Vic wants to do every year is clean the outside of the house.  The pine trees have a way of spitting on everything.  He worked on 3 sides this past week - that means all the windows too - some of the windows are very high but it looked wonderful when he finished.    Next week we will tackle the lake side - that means the awning and deck will be cleaned too.    

No comments:

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...