Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Special Christmas in Santa Fe

I am sure no one will believe me, but Poinsettias grow way bigger here than they do at home.    My goodness, they are huge - I'm sorry you can't get the feeling how big this is, but take my word for it - it's big! 
Pat made sure we got to some of her favorite haunts - the one we hit yesterday for lunch was my favorite so far.   Interestingly, it was a French Place (in this SW city full of Mexican restaurants) called Clafoutis.    To the normal eye this looks like an ordinary salad, but it was far from it.   Some, not all, of the tomatoes were grilled just slightly and the unexpected twist was the grilled goat cheese that was so good.   
Hmmmmmm, what's this?    On our Christmas Day hike we saw this print in the sand.  This is Pat's hand showing the size of it.   
What a pretty area this is with so many formations and colors to see.   I was wishing Frank Karner would have been a long to explain it all.   
It was fun watching Pat with her camera and her eyes constantly going back and forth not wanting to miss a thing.
If you think going with one photographer is bad, try going along with two of them!!!
But the truth is, I loved it and enjoyed being in the warm sunshine,   we were comfortable with light jackets at most and shirtsleeves a lot of the time.    I saw the Grand Forks Herald article about the weather coming their way and it made me enjoy this weather even more.    

No comments:

A Summer Evening Drive

A couple nights ago our neighbor (Sandra) came knocking on our door and asked if we'd like to go out for a ride in "The Chevy"...